We are currently open and operating in our Suite 100, 240 and 310 offices.
● We are closely monitoring our employees.
● Anyone identified with an elevated temperature or illness is not allowed to remain at work.
● Any employee showing symptoms of illness is not allowed to return to work until they have been tested for Covid-19 and received a negative test result.
● Aggressive cleaning protocols, including disinfecting all high-touch areas, are in place in our facilities and occur frequently throughout the day. We employ HOCL fogging as well as UVC light treatments in the waiting areas and exam rooms.
All patients are required to complete a covid symptom form before being seen in the office. This form can be texted to you prior to your appointment, so you do not need to fill out paperwork in the office.
● If any patient shows symptoms of illness, they will be asked to go home and inform their primary care doctor.Prior to an in person visit we will require that patients fill out a covid19 prescreening questionnaire and patients will have their temperature checked upon arrival. For new patients requiring paperwork, we can text you the online forms which can be completed from your phone.
● We ask that you postpone your scheduled appointment if you or anyone in your household may have been exposed to COVID-19
● In order to reduce the number of people in the office, no visitors are allowed except for one parent for one or more minors or one visitor for patients requiring assistance for a disability. Please call us ahead of time if you have a need to bring more than one visitor.
● We will provide more open spaced seating, and you will have the option to wait in the privacy of your car until your exam room is open. We have very limited waiting room seating.
● We are making remote telemedicine consultations available to our patients. Please click here for more information.
● For prescription refills please call our office at 408.356.1000.Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.